Saturday PHRF Racing
1. All boats will use its PYC Rating as assigned by the PHRF rating committee; using the average PHRF rating as published by U S Sailing with appropriate adjustments for Spinnaker, Non-Spinnaker, or other equipment adjustments as set by the PHRF Rating Committee.
2. There will be two racing groups. The “A” group must have a PYC Rating less than 181 sec/mile. Each boat can declare whether to sail with its spinnaker or nonspinnaker PYC rating for the entire series. The second group is composed of boats with PYC Rating greater than 180 sed/mile which can declare whether to sail with its spinnaker or non-spinnaker PYC rating for the entire series AND a cruising fleet that is made up of boats with any PYC Rating but MUST sail with only main and jib sails. The second group will have a separate start, shortly after the “A” group, on a separate, shorter course with more variety of leg length and direction.
3. In order for a race to be eligible for scoring, there must be a minimum of 3 boats in its group.
4. There will be a 2 hour time limit for each race. If no boat finishes within 2 hours, the race will be abandoned.
5. Both Saturday and Wednesday series will be scored using the Cox-Sprague high point percentage.
6. To qualify, a boat must finish at least ½ of races scored +1. • A single throw out will be granted to boats that finish at least ½ of races scored +2.
7. Ties will be broken in the following manner.
1. Comparison of qualifying races. i.e. Who had the most 1st's, 2nd's, etc.
2. If still tied, then who beat who the most in head to head competition.
3. If still tied, then they are tied.
2021 Race Results